The Department of Labor establishes and enforces the payment of wage rates for laborers and mechanics employed on state-funded construction projects.
Prevailing rates must be paid on new construction projects costing more than $100,000 and on alteration, repair, renovation, rehabilitation, demolition or reconstruction projects costing more than $15,000. For a project to be covered by the law, the State or any subdivision thereof must be a party to the publics works contract; and, the State must have appropriated any part of the funds.
The Department of Labor determines the classification of workers and the type of construction on state-funded construction projects. Wage rates are established by an annual survey conducted by the Department.
- Delaware Prevailing Wage Regulations
- Classification of Workers Under Prevailing Wage Law
- Fringe Benefit Explanations
- Sworn Payroll Report Form
- Certified Prevailing Wage Rates Request Form
- Current Prevailing Wage Rates
- Prevailing Wage Claim Form